Adding to the list of your choice for a heart-healthy recipe is the “Cauliflower Rice,” which comes in high fiber and low carb diet. It’s a perfect alternative for the white rice because it fills your stomach without leaving you feeling heavy.
Get ready to dive into the healthy and delicious recipe!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- A large head of cauliflower, divided into per inch of its florets
- Kosher salt
- Juice extract of a half of lemon
- 3-tablespoon of olive oil
- 2-tablespoon of thinly minced fresh parsley leaves
- One medium-sized of finely diced onion
- Trim the florets of your cauliflower.
- Cut the stem away, as much as possible.
- Break up the cauliflower florets in three batches using a food processor.
- Press or push the pulse until it becomes a couscous or mush mixture.
- Over medium-high heat, reheat the 3-tablespoon of cooking oil in a large skillet.
- At the flash of the pan with hot oil, stir the finely diced onion until it coats and becomes golden brown and tender for about 8 minutes.
- Add the mashed cauliflower florets.
- Stir to blend.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Continue cooking by frequently stirring for about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the skillet with the cooked, softened cauliflower from the heat.
- Spoon out the cooked couscous cauliflower.
- Place it on a large serving bowl or plate.
- Garnish the top with finely chopped fresh parsley leaves.
- Splat the lemon juice on the recipe.
- Season it with salt.
There you go! You are ready to eat your “Cauliflower Rice.” It is best when it is warm.