These donuts remind me of my childhood with my grandfather who was a cook. He would sit on a stool in front of him and start the long preparation of his donuts. It was Christmas before time! You can’t resist eating all the donuts on the table and you definitely won’t want to share them with anyone.
Preparation time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Quantity: 60 servings
267 calories per serving
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tsp. Vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups of milk
- 5 cups flour (approximately) put as you go
- 2 tsp. baking powder
Granulated sugar :
- 1 bag of powdered sugar (2L)
- 1/3 cup of water
- Mix the ingredients, finishing with the flour to be added gradually so that the dough is not sticky.
- Spread flour on a clean counter
- Roll the donut dough on the floured counter
- Take a cookie cutter and cut the dough with it.
- Take the scraps to roll the dough again and repeat the previous step
- Prepare a pot of oil to fry the donuts or use a frying machine if you have one. To see if the oil is hot enough, put a donut hole with a pole; if the donut hole turns yellow, the oil is ready.
- Put the donuts in the oil until they turn a golden hue
- Put the donuts on a rack to drain the excess oil
- Once the donuts are drained, dip in the powdered sugar mixture
- Hang to drain the excess sugar.
- Enjoy these delicious homemade donuts with your family.