This macaroni and cheese is a delight from heaven. You cannot compare it to any other traditional Mac & Cheese recipe with its crispy crust and explosive flavors, you can only fall in love with it.
Preparation: 25 minutes Cooking time: 25 minutes Quantity: 12 servings 486 calories per serving [ratings]
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- ½ cup 15% cream
- 1 1/3 cups shredded strong cheddar
- 2/3 cup grated mozzarella
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 500 grams of macaroni
- 7 slices of Velveeta cheese
- 2/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Cook the macaroni
- Make the béchamel with butter, flour, and milk. When thickened, add the cream, cheese, and seasonings.
- Add the pasta and mix well.
- Separate the mixture in half
- Place half of the pasta in a large ovenproof pot. Put the Velveeta cheese slices on top, dispersing them so as to cover the whole cauldron.
- Add the rest of the pasta.
- In another bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and butter. Spread over the macaroni evenly.
- Put in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 F.
- Put in Broil for a few minutes, about 3 minutes, to toast the cheese and the breadcrumbs.
- Enjoy this family dish with a good Caesar salad.