I had the idea for this recipe during the sugaring season. I was dying to taste the maple syrup I bought earlier in the week and wondered how to showcase it with what I had in the fridge. I love tofu and always have one or two bricks ready to use. So I combined the two to make a dream come true. Believe me, even when it is no longer sugar time, you will want to eat this delicious, rather healthy dish.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 1-3 minutes
Quantity: 1 serving
526 calories per serving
- 1 block of 350g Firm tofu
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. ground ginger
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha
- 1 pinch of salt
- Cut the tofu into cubes and place in a bowl. Add the cornstarch and mix to coat the tofu;
- Heat a large skillet with olive oil then add the tofu and cook until crisp, stirring occasionally to brown;
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the maple syrup, ginger, salt, soy sauce, and hot sauce,
- Pour the mixture over the tofu and cook until there is no more liquid at the bottom of the pan and the tofu cubes are caramelized.
- Serve with basmati rice and a green vegetable.
- Enjoy this delicious dish with family or friends.