This is the first recipe my grandmother showed me how to cook when I was very young and I love to make it myself with my children on a cold winter day. A little love and a lot of sugar are the secrets of this easy and comforting dessert.
Preparation: 10 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes Quantity: 4 servings 496 calories per serving [ratings]
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 2 tsp. butter
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 2 tsp. fat (butter)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of flour
- ½ cup of milk
- Combine brown sugar, water and butter in a saucepan, bring to boil and save.
- Pour into a buttered pan and set aside.
- Beat together fat, egg, sugar until light.
- Add the milk and flour alternately and finish with the milk.
- Add vanilla and baking powder, mix
- Pour on the liquid
- Bake at 350 F for about 30 minutes. Check with toothpick.